Affectiva is an MIT Media Lab spin-off and the leading provider of Human Perception AI: software that analyzes facial and vocal expressions to identify complex human emotional and cognitive states. Our vision is that technology needs to be able to sense, adapt and respond to people’s non-verbal signals, mental states, emotions and reactions, just the way humans do. We are humanizing technology!
Our patented AI software uses machine learning, deep learning, computer vision and speech science. Affectiva has built the world’s largest emotion data repository with over 7M faces analyzed in 87 countries. Affectiva is used by one fourth of the Fortune Global 500 for advertising testing and is now working with leading automotive OEMs and Tier 1s on next generation driver state monitoring and in-cabin mood sensing.
As you can imagine, such an ambitious vision takes a great team with a strong desire to explore and innovate. We are growing our team to improve and expand our core technologies and help solve many unique and interesting problems focused around sensing, understanding and adapting to human states. And, in building new products that never existed before, we are disrupting billion dollar industries such as advertising and automotive.
We are looking for a Technical Lead on the SDK Production Engineering team, the team tasked with tuning, customizing, configuring, building, testing, delivering and supporting targeted versions of our Automotive SDK for vehicle production programs.
We are looking for great candidates who will contribute ideas and want to help shape the future of this space, and can execute ideas effectively and efficiently. This position requires experience in leading an Engineering team to deliver high quality software.
- Working with Affectiva Product Management, Tier 1 providers and OEMs, clarify and understand the detailed requirements of automotive production programs
- Along with Program Management, meet regularly with the program stakeholders to communicate schedules, status, issues, etc.
- Work with the Machine Learning Science team to integrate tuned and customized models for the production SDK
- Working with Functional Safety manager, ensure all Functional Safety processes are followed, and extend/customize them as appropriate for the production program
- Technically oversee and supervise the work of the SDK Production Engineering team
- Guide and train SDK Engineers
- Own SDK Production engineering processes
Lead SDK Production Engineering team to:
- Implement custom pre- and post-processing logic for the production models.
- Add support to the SDK for platform-specific deep learning run time libraries
- Develop “adapter” layer software as needed to help the SDK integrate with the program’s application architecture
- Configure/customize the SDK’s build and packaging steps to eliminate unneeded code, models, etc., in order to optimize the SDK’s footprint and performance.
- Customize testing tools as needed, e.g. leveraging platform-specific performance measurement tools
- Work with Quality team to test the customized SDK to validate its functionality and ensure its performance meets production program requirements
- Work on-site at the Tier 1/OEM as needed to aid integration efforts
Skills and Technologies
- Strong demonstrated industry C++ skills
- Industry experience with Linux or similar OS
- Demonstrated industry success as a software engineering technical lead
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English
- Demonstrated record as a team player, showing flexibility and collaboration
- Strong time-management skills
Nice to Have
- Python experience
- Experience with CMake, Docker, Git, and Jenkins
- Experience with the Android NDK is desirable
- Experience with AI, Machine Learning and/or Computer Vision techniques
- Experience with Amazon AWS
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent
- 10+ years in industry software development, with 3+ years in automotive software development
- 3+ years developing and maintaining large C++ code bases
- 2+ years in a Technical Lead role, leading Software Engineers on a day to day basis to provide technical guidance
- Experience delivering software for automotive production programs including applying ISO 26262 Functional Safety processes to achieve the ASIL requirements
- Demonstrated success working with globally distributed teams
Additional Information and Company Benefits:
- Full Time Position located in 5th settlement - New Cairo - Egypt
- Competitive Benefits Package including
- Social and medical Insurance
- Casual Startup office culture, collaborative office space
- Flexible work schedule
- Complimentary snacks and drinks, and lunch provided once a week
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.