Paid Participant for SmartEye Study - Eye Gaze Tracking
Smarteye is looking for paid volunteers to participate in a research study to help develop the next generation of automotive safety!
The data collected in this study will be used to train software that will be deployed in Smarteye’s camera technology to develop completely innovative automotive safety experience.
This study runs approximately 60-70 minutes and is hosted out of SmartEye’s Research Lab in Göteborg. Participants who complete the study receive [ … ]
Are you interested in participating? Please apply, and If selected you will be contacted to schedule a time for your recording. Our team is always available to answer any questions.
Compensation: 500SEK Giftcard to Nordstan
Details about the recording session: This data collection study will take place in SmartEye’s LED-Lab at the Göteborg office (Central Göteborg). Participants will be asked to gaze at fixed LED targets in the lab, in a series of scenarios with different lighting conditions, head rotations, and while wearing a facemask, sunglasses, and helmet for a portion of the study.
Some scenarios will ask participants to refrain from blinking while looking at a target.
Some scenarios will ask participants to blink with only one eye, then blink with only the other eye.
Participants must be willing to be recorded via cameras and microphones during the study. Participants must be willing to commit to a 60-70 minute appointment.
The recording session will consist of these 8 scenarios:
- Scenario 1. LED target sequence in strong light. This portion will as participant not to blink while LED target is steady light.
- Scenario 2. LED target sequence in a dark room. This portion will as participant not to blink while LED target is steady light.
- Scenario 3. LED target sequence with blinks and eye closures.
- Scenario 4. Head rotations and movements
- Scenario 5. LED target sequence, with Lizard gaze (Only using your eyes and not moving your head).
- Scenario 6. LED target sequence while wearing facemask and glasses.
- Scenario 7. LED target sequence while smiling or squinting.
- Scenario 8. LED target sequence, blinking only with left eye and then blinking only with right eye.
Mobility Requirement: Unfortunately at this time we cannot take participants with mobility restrictions. Although not intended to be strenuous, this can be difficult for some people. Anyone with chronic neck pain, paralysis, nerve damage or other mobility impairments are not eligible at this time.
About Smart Eye: Smart Eye was founded to bridge the gap between man and machine for a better and more sustainable future through the development of groundbreaking eye tracking technology. Since 2005 this technology has been used by the automotive industry in driver monitoring systems to improve driver safety. As of 2021, Smart Eye has acquired Affectiva as part of development towards an all-inclusive in-cabin sensing system to provide a new level of automotive safety.
Covid-19 safety: For the safety of all study participants and SmartEye lab staff, please do not schedule an appointment if you have symptoms of, have tested positive for, or have come in contact with anyone who has tested positive for Covid-19 in the past 14 days. If experiencing symptoms after scheduling but before your appointment, please contact our team and we will help reschedule your appointment.