Account Director, Media Analytics
Affectiva, a Smart Eye company, is on a mission to humanize technology. An MIT Media Lab spin-off, Affectiva created and defined the Emotion AI and Human Perception AI categories. Built on deep learning, computer vision, speech science and massive amounts of real-world data, Affectiva’s technology can detect nuanced human emotions, complex cognitive states, activities, interactions and objects people use. In the media industry, Affectiva’s technology is used by 2/3 of the world’s largest advertisers to research consumer engagement with ads, videos and TV programming. In the automotive industry, Affectiva’s Interior Sensing AI is enabling leading car manufacturers, fleet managers and ridesharing companies to build next-generation mobility that understands the state of the driver, the cabin and the occupants in it.
The Media Analytics division is seeking an Account Director to accelerate our sales growth, primarily in markets adjacent to our core ad testing business, and especially with regards to the entertainment sector. The focus of the role will be to build and retain sales by fostering deeper relationships with current and prospective clients, and by maximising the value they realise from our technology through consulting on interpretation, training and understanding of their end use case.
- Refining growth strategy, particularly in the entertainment sector
- Building and managing a pipeline of new business, and converting that to sales
- Managing the relationship between Affectiva and key existing and new clients to mutual benefit
- Building strong and trusted relationships with key client stakeholders
- Building a clear understanding of each client’s business challenges, the usecase for Emotion AI in that business, and how Affectiva technology can help address their pain points
- Ensuring clients gain maximum value from Affectiva technology by training teams in use of the tech, and assisting in interpretation, especially for initial projects or new use cases
- Maximising revenue growth for Affectiva’s Media Analytics by ensuring effective delivery of services, and perceived value from the insights
- Ensuring effective delivery of proof of concept projects to open up new opportunities
- Working with the global MD of Media Analytics to refine the value proposition for new applications of Affectiva technology
- Collaborating with the customer success and product leaders to ensure new developments are implemented effectively and end-user clients gain value from them
- Collaborating with the Marketing team on marketing campaigns and content
Experience & skills required
- 5+ years’ experience as a client-facing account director in the market research industry
- Significant experience and contacts in the entertainment research sector
- Proven experience growing revenue from research insights clients
- Proven experience of using and generating value from disruptive research technology
- Track record of client impact – helping clients solve their marketing issues
- Strong analytical skills – comfortable with interpreting statistical analysis
- Excellent communication skills – must be a persuasive and effective communicator to senior audiences
- Comfortable in a matrixed and fast-moving, entrepreneurial environment.
- Experience with facial coding and other “neuromarketing” technology highly desirable
- Client-side experience desirable
- Strong bachelor’s degree in relevant area – e.g. psychology, social sciences, mathematics, computer science or other sciences.
- Relevant Higher degree preferred
- USA, west coast desirable