Paid Participant for Affectiva Study - In Cabin Data Collection
Purpose: The purpose of this study is to collect data of participants expressing various emotional states, facial movements, head movements, body poses and activities within a vehicle. The data will be used to train AI models that can be deployed in future vehicles providing additional driver safety features. Please note this study will be conducted in our Waltham Lab.
PLEASE NOTE: Participants who elect to take part in our research studies must enter our test vehicles. They must also be comfortable being recorded with no facial mask for part of the recording. Participants who DO NOT feel comfortable with these terms should not apply.
Compensation: $100 will be given to each participant through PayPal OR American Express Gift Card (While Supplies Last).
Affectiva Automotive Data Lab
87 Beaver Street
Waltham, MA 02453
Requirements: In order to qualify to participate:
- Appointments will last two hours
- Must be willing to be recorded via cameras and microphones during the study
- Must not be under the influence of medications, alcohol, or other drugs
- Must not wear or have any head-gear, eye-patches, wear clothing the night of that blocks the eyes or parts of the face, except regular eyeglasses
NOTE: Due to the unprecedented public health crisis Affectiva is taking the following steps to ensure the health and safety of our employees and those who take part in our research.
- All Affectiva employees are to wear facial masks at all times
- To reduce in-person contact we will no longer be offering the following:
- Waiting area inside the building (Waltham Location)
- Public restroom usage
- No unscheduled participants will be accepted
- Payment will be made remotely through PayPal only
- Please Note: Remote payment may take up to 1 business day
- We ask that you maintain a social distant of 6ft at all times when onsite
Type of Activity: For this study participants will be guided through various facial expressions, audio presentations, head movements, activities and a conversation section. The protocol will be performed in a stationary car outside the Waltham Automotive Data Lab.
Scheduling information: Eligible participants will receive scheduling information for a 2 hour time slot.
Background: Affectiva is an MIT Media Lab spin-off that developed emotion detection software currently being used in multiple industries including: healthcare, education, market research, and last year Affectiva broke into the automotive industry focusing on driver safety.
Commitment to your scheduled study time is incredibly important to the success of the study. Please do not sign up if not fully committed to participate. Affectiva reserves there right to refuse study participation for any reason.
Affectiva COVID-19 Statement: For the safety of you, Affectiva employees, other research participants, and the community at large we ask that you do NOT apply or schedule an appointment if you have tested positive for the Coronavirus (COVID-19), have symptoms or have come in contact with anyone who has. We will be happy to have your participation when it is safe to do so.
We cannot accept your participation if any of the following is true:
- If you, or anyone in your household, has tested positive for Coronavirus (COVID-19) in the past 4 weeks.
- If you, or anyone in your household is showing symptoms related to Coronavirus (COVID-19). These include:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- If you have come into contact with someone who has tested positive for Coronavirus (COVID-19) within the last 14 days.
- If you have come into contact with someone who has any of the above symptoms of Coronavirus (COVID-19) within the last 14 days