Computer Vision Scientist, USA
We are looking for a Computer Vision Scientist to join the computer vision and machine learning experts on our Cabin Monitoring team, which is building key functionality of Smart Eye’s next-generation Automotive Interior Sensing product – novel automotive technology that will significantly improve road safety and will transform our transportation experiences.
The Cabin Monitoring team is developing a variety of new features related to understanding the state of the car interior and that of the people in it through the intelligent application of the latest machine learning techniques. These include safety features such as detection of child and pet left behind, and where people are sitting in a vehicle. As well as features that understand occupant mood, emotions and reactions, using Affectiva’s groundbreaking Emotion AI, to deliver better mobility experiences that enhance comfort, wellness and entertainment. The Cabin Monitoring features vary from early stage prototyping through to porting and deployment to a wide set of automotive embedded platforms.
We are looking for driven candidates who want to work closely with other teams of scientists and engineers to shape the future of automotive safety and mobility experiences. The ideal candidate will contribute ideas and can then execute these effectively and efficiently.
- Analyze and improve the efficiency of algorithms: implement and improve the new algorithms, or adaptations to existing algorithms, that will enable novel training and testing capabilities
- Collaborate and Communicate: Work closely with other developers and engineers to support the creation of computer vision/machine learning-based features to meet product requirements.
- Develop cabin monitoring features using computer vision and a variety of machine learning methods (detection, classification, temporal ML, activity/gesture recognition).
- Investigate tradeoffs between accuracy and computational efficiency for edge/embedded environments and propose solutions to meet run-time requirements.
- Develop and maintain KPI reports to measure and analyze model performance.
- Contribute to Smart Eye’s shared machine learning infrastructure, including data preparation, model training, embedded conversion and benchmarking/KPI generation.
- Coordinate with the engineering and QA teams to finalize and test model integration.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Sciences, with specialization in computer vision or machine learning.
- At least 1 year of experience using computer vision, machine learning and deep learning techniques.
- Experience working with deep learning frameworks (e.g. TensorFlow/Keras, PyTorch) including implementing custom layers.
- Familiar with programming languages (C++ and Python).
- Strong software engineering background: ability to write efficient, readable, well-documented code.
- Experience in the automotive industry is a plus.
- Experiencing end-to-end development (design, planning, evaluation, deployment) of a AI and ML based system.
- Our preference is for Boston-area candidates, but we are also open to remote US hires.