Software Developer - Media Analytics
- Boston, MA
- Full Time
- Entry Level
About Smart Eye / Affectiva:
Smart Eye is the global leader in Human Insight AI, technology that understands, supports and predicts human behavior in complex environments. Together with our subsidiaries Affectiva and iMotions, we are bridging the gap between humans and machines for a safe and sustainable future.
Today, our technology is embedded in next-generation vehicles, leading the way towards human-centric mobility through Driver Monitoring Systems and Interior Sensing solutions. Our Research Instruments offer unparalleled insights into automotive, aviation, assistive technology, behavioral science and many more fields.
Our subsidiary Affectiva is humanizing technology by pioneering Emotion AI, helping companies gain a deeper understanding of how consumers engage with their content, products and services, in automotive, media & entertainment, market research and beyond.
Our subsidiary iMotions provides the world’s leading biosensor software platform that synchronizes data streams in real time from multiple sensors.
Smart Eye was founded in 1999 and is headquartered in Sweden with offices in the US, UK, Germany, Denmark, Egypt, Singapore, China and Japan. A publicly traded company since 2016, our customers include NASA, Nissan, Boeing, Honeywell, Volvo, GM, BMW, Geely, Harvard University, over 1,300 research organizations around the world, 70% of the world’s largest advertisers and 28% of the Fortune Global 500 companies.
Visit www.smarteye.ai for more information.
You will be a member of our engineering team that focuses on our market research product which is used by nearly a quarter of all Fortune 500 companies. This is a full stack role where you will improve our existing Ruby on Rails product. You will work closely with your teammates to roll out new products and capabilities and help wherever your interests and skills fit.
- 2 years of professional software development
- Strong experience with a web framework (like Ruby on Rails or Django)
- Experience in scripting / automation (e.g. shell, Python, Ruby etc.)
- Experience with SQL/MySQL
- Strong software engineering skills (code quality, version control, code review, etc)
Nice to Have:
- AWS ECS and Batch
- Infrastructure automation using Chef, Ansible, or Puppet
Additional Information and Company Benefits:
- Full-Time Position located in downtown Boston
- Competitive benefits package including health, dental, vision, life insurance, long-term and short-term disability
- 401K matching
- Unlimited PTO
- Casual startup office culture, collaborative office space
- Flexible work schedule
- Complimentary snacks, drinks, and weekly team lunch.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.