Junior Software Engineer - Platform
- New Cairo, Cairo, Egypt
- Full Time
As a Junior SoftwareEngineer, focused on data infrastructure and data processing automation, you will be responsible for developing solutions to make datasets consisting of image data and ground truth accessible to our MLeam, as well as data driven insights to both internal and external customers. You will work closely with our Machine Learning Engineers and Platform Team to help design, develop and operate our cloud and data applications, by using leading technologies.
- Build and deliver new data pipelines to speedup, scale and improve performance while simplifying data access for internal and external customers
- Collaborate with Data acquisition, Data Annotation and ML, and teams to build and manage a wide variety of data sets
- Build out and Support our BI & Analytics products to publish reports and dashboards for both internal and external customers
- Drive technology decisions and help solve data related technology problems
- Ensure data solutions are highly reliable and scalable, automate everything
- Ad Hoc Projects as needed
- A technical educational background, BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 2+ years of programming experience in Python
- Experience writing SQL and data processing in Python
- Experience using linux operating systems
- Excellent communication skills (english)
- A willingness to learn new skills and approaches in a fast moving, changing environment
Nice to have
- Knowledge working on AWS Cloud and familiar with SOA concepts.
- Experience designing and building data pipelines and ETL
- Understanding of Big Data batch and real time technologies (e.g. AWS Batch, Hadoop, Spark)
- Understanding of data warehouse solutions and data modeling, NoSQL a plus
- Experience running all the above as production data operations.
- Experience in agile development and scrum
About the company:
Smart Eye is the global leader in Human Insight AI, technology that understands, supports and predicts human behavior in complex environments. Together with our subsidiaries Affectiva and iMotions, we are bridging the gap between humans and machines for a safe and sustainable future.
Today, our technology is embedded in next-generation vehicles, leading the way towards human-centric mobility through Driver Monitoring Systems and Interior Sensing solutions. Our Research Instruments offer unparalleled insights into automotive, aviation, assistive technology, behavioral science and many more fields.
Our subsidiary Affectiva is humanizing technology by pioneering Emotion AI, helping companies gain a deeper understanding of how consumers engage with their content, products and services, in automotive, media & entertainment, market research and beyond.
Our subsidiary iMotions provides the world’s leading biosensor software platform, that synchronizes data streams in real time from multiple sensors.
Smart Eye was founded in 1999 and is headquartered in Sweden with offices in the US, UK, Germany, Denmark, Egypt, Singapore, China and Japan. A publicly traded company since 2016, our customers include NASA, Nissan, Boeing, Honeywell, Volvo, GM, BMW, Geely, Harvard University, over 1,300 research organizations around the world, 70% of the world’s largest advertisers and 28% of the Fortune Global 500 companies.
Additional Information and Company Benefits:
- Full Time Position located in 5th settlement - New Cairo - Egypt
- Competitive Benefits Package including
- Social Insurance
- Casual Startup office culture, collaborative office space
- Flexible work schedule
- Complimentary snacks and drinks, and lunch provided once a week
- Unlimited PTO
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.