Senior Software Engineer, Pre-Production (US)
- Boston, MA
- Full Time
About Smart Eye / Affectiva:
Smart Eye is the global leader in Human Insight AI, technology that understands, supports and predicts human behavior in complex environments. Together with our subsidiaries Affectiva and iMotions, we are bridging the gap between humans and machines for a safe and sustainable future.
Today, our technology is embedded in next-generation vehicles, leading the way towards human-centric mobility through Driver Monitoring Systems and Interior Sensing solutions. Our Research Instruments offer unparalleled insights into automotive, aviation, assistive technology, behavioral science and many more fields.
Our subsidiary Affectiva is humanizing technology by pioneering Emotion AI, helping companies gain a deeper understanding of how consumers engage with their content, products and services, in automotive, media & entertainment, market research and beyond.
Our subsidiary iMotions provides the world’s leading biosensor software platform that synchronizes data streams in real time from multiple sensors.
Smart Eye was founded in 1999 and is headquartered in Sweden with offices in the US, UK, Germany, Denmark, Egypt, Singapore, China and Japan. A publicly traded company since 2016, our customers include NASA, Nissan, Boeing, Honeywell, Volvo, GM, BMW, Geely, Harvard University, over 1,300 research organizations around the world, 70% of the world’s largest advertisers and 28% of the Fortune Global 500 companies.
Visit www.smarteye.ai for more information.
- Develop Smart Eye’s C++ SDK codebase for its Driver Monitoring and Interior Sensing solutions
- Participate in the design and implementation of features for the SDK
- Optimize the SDK runtime on automotive-grade SoCs (System On Chips)
- Build and deploy the SDK on different platforms
- Develop prototype and demo applications using the SDK
- Work with partners on integrating the SDK into their applications
- Maintain existing and add new unit tests in the SDK
- Resolve bugs in a timely fashion
- Contribute as a global team member of the Automotive team using agile methodologies
- Mentor interns and co-op students
Requirements & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, software engineering, or a related field or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 3+ years of work experience in C++ development
- 1+ years of experience with Python development
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Deployment
- Experience with working on embedded System on Chips
- Strong communication skills
- Experience working with distributed teams
Optional Qualification (Nice to Have):
- Experience with understanding deep learning model architectures and inference runtimes (ex. Tensorflow, Tensorflow Lite, PyTorch)
- Experience with cross-compiling for aarch64 and armv7 on Android and Linux
- Experience with developing Automotive applications
- Experience with benchmarking utilities
- Experience in developing Android applications
- Familiarity with using on-premise and cloud-based services like AWS
- Preference that this position would be in Boston but open to Remote US hires
Additional Information and Company Benefits:
- Full Time Position located in Downtown Boston
- Competitive Benefits Package including: Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Long-Term and Short-Term Disability
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible work schedule
- Flexible working from home policy and a collaborative office space
- Complimentary snacks and drinks, and lunch provided once a week
- Free Gym - On Site
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.