Affectiva is an MIT Media Lab spin-off and the leading provider of Human Perception AI: software that analyzes facial and vocal expressions to identify complex human emotional and cognitive states. Our vision is that technology needs to be able to sense, adapt and respond to people’s non-verbal signals, mental states, emotions and reactions, just the way humans do. We are humanizing technology!
Our patented AI software uses machine learning, deep learning, computer vision and speech science. Affectiva has built the world’s largest emotion data repository with over 7M faces analyzed in 87 countries. Affectiva is used by one fourth of the Fortune Global 500 for advertising testing and is now working with leading automotive OEMs and Tier 1s on next generation driver state monitoring and in-cabin mood sensing.
As you can imagine, such an ambitious vision takes a great team with a strong desire to explore and innovate. We are growing our team to improve and expand our core technologies and help solve many unique and interesting problems focused around sensing, understanding and adapting to human states. And, in building new products that never existed before, we are disrupting billion dollar industries such a advertising and automotive.
This position is on the Science team, the team tasked with creating and refining Affectiva’s technology. We are a group of individuals with backgrounds in machine learning, computer vision, speech processing and affective computing. We are looking for great candidates who will contribute ideas and want to help shape the future of this space, and can execute ideas effectively and efficiently.
- Running a multitude of deep learning experiments to:
- Prototype new ideas
- Explore a variety of approaches
- Refine promising ideas into product ready models
- Explore new methods to leverage Affectiva’s large data-set of spontaneous real-world audio-visual data
- Patent and publish findings in leading computer vision and machine learning conferences and journals
- PhD or Masters in the field of computer vision, machine learning or equivalent job related experience.
- At least 2 years of experience using deep learning techniques (CNN, RNN, LSTM) on computer vision tasks (object detection and tracking, classification, action recognition)
- Experience working with deep learning frameworks (e.g. TensorFlow, Keras) including implementing custom layers
- Experience with Python, SQL
- Passionate about innovation and pushing state of the art research
- Demonstrated experience (publications, projects) solving machine learning problems
- Experience working on the face is not required but is highly desirable (face detection, face recognition, expression recognition, face landmark tracking)
- Good presentation and communication skills
Additional Information and Company Benefits:
- Full time position located in Downtown Boston
- Competitive benefits package including: health, dental, vision, life insurance, long-term and short-term disability
- 401(k) matching
- Unlimited PTO
- Casual startup office culture, collaborative office space
- Flexible work schedule
- Complimentary snacks and drinks, and lunch provided once a week
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.