Affectiva, a Smart Eye company, is on a mission to humanize technology. An MIT Media Lab spin-off, Affectiva created and defined the Emotion AI and Human Perception AI categories. Built on deep learning, computer vision, speech science and massive amounts of real-world data, Affectiva’s technology can detect nuanced human emotions, complex cognitive states, activities, interactions and objects people use. In the media industry, Affectiva’s technology is used by 2/3 of the world’s largest advertisers to research consumer engagement with ads, videos and TV programming. In the automotive industry, Affectiva’s Interior Sensing AI is enabling leading car manufacturers, fleet managers and ridesharing companies to build next-generation mobility that understands the state of the driver, the cabin and the occupants in it.
We are looking for a Senior Embedded Research Scientist to join the Science team, the team tasked with training machine learning models for various driver monitoring and cabin monitoring features, and porting them to target embedded platforms. We are looking for driven candidates who will contribute ideas and want to help shape the future of this space, and can execute ideas effectively and efficiently.
- Converting deep learning models to work efficiently on various target embedded platforms
- Building processes to simplify model conversion from a variety of deep learning frameworks to embedded environments (SoCs)
- Developing tools that support and enable automated benchmarking of ML models
- Exploring and researching methods on model quantization, distillation and neural architecture search (NAS)
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Sciences, or Mathematics with specialization in computer vision or machine learning.
- At least 3 years of experience using deep learning techniques
- Experience working with deep learning frameworks (e.g. TensorFlow/Keras, PyTorch) including implementing custom layers
- At least an intermediate mastery of programming languages (C++ and Python).
- Experience deploying ML models on mobile or embedded platforms (e.g. Qualcomm, Ambarella, Texas Instruments, Renasas etc.)
- Experience with benchmarking and deploying ML models on various processing subsystems (e.g. DSP, CPU, GPU) of a SoC (System-on-chip)
- Clear communication and team collaboration
- Experience in the automotive industry a plus
- Graduate degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Sciences, or Mathematics with specialization in computer vision or machine learning
- Research and development experience on increasing model efficiency (e.g. quantization, distillation)
- Strong software engineering background
Additional Information and Company Benefits:
- Full Time Position located in 5th settlement - New Cairo - Egypt.
- Competitive Benefits Package including.
- Social Insurance.
- Casual Startup office culture, collaborative office space.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Complimentary snacks and drinks, and lunch provided once a week.
- Unlimited PTO.
- Premium medical insurance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.